Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Old Baby Quilts =)

I guess a good place to get started would be by posting some of my work - and since I've been in a bit of a baby-quilt phase for the past few years (seriously ... I can't begin to describe how many people I know who've had babies recently!) that seems like as good a category as any.

So without any further ado, here's a few of my favorite baby quilts from the past:

This is one of my favorite quilts - a four patch with a Joseph's coat border that I made for one of my girlfriends who was having a baby boy


This baby girl quilt just melts my heart ever time I see it.  It's a card trick in peach and green on a white background, and I personally think it's one of the prettiest quilts I ever made.  It just sold on etsy, and I'm shipping it off in the morning.  I'm almost reluctant to let it go =(



This was made almost as a sister-quilt to the one above.  I guess it's just the fabric combination that gets me with these.  Anyway, I just sold this one to a woman who's adopting her first baby in a couple of months!  Knowing that it's going to someone who'll love it as much as I do certainly makes it easier to let go!  


This one went to a woman from my church who was having a baby girl.  It's a double irish chain in royal purple and a matching floral.  It's not so baby-ish but it makes me happy nonetheless!

This baby boy's quilt wen to a friend's brother in law when he had his first son.  It wasn't really as bright as this picture suggests, but it was pretty fun nonetheless!


... So that's it for now.  I'll see you all again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Paula - thank you SO much for stopping by my blog and your SO SO sweet comments!! I really really appreciate it!!
    It definitely doesn't look like you're 'just getting your feet wet' - it looks like you're an old pro! Your quilts are FANTASTIC!!!
    You have a great eye for color! I'll follow you too and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete